The Susquehanna Valley Council of Charitable Gift Planners offers a series of informative seminars and educational events for the planned giving professional. Meetings are generally held on the third Friday of January, March, May, July, September and November.
November 18, 2022
“Complex Gifts: Know Enough to Be Dangerous”
Presented by Mark Vergenes, President, Mirus Financial Partners
WITF Public Media Center Or via Zoom
8:00-8:30 AM Coffee & Bagels
8:30-10 AM Program
Members $15; Non-members $25
Our Program Sponsor
Fundraisers are often intimidated about discussing complex giving mechanisms. The common misconception is they need to know every detail. Join guest presenter Mark Vergenes as we discuss how to talk about complex gifts in a way the fundraiser and the donor can understand.
Meet Our Presenter
Mark Vergenes, President, Mirus Financial Partners
MIRUS (MEER-us) adj. 1. Latin for wonderful, above all others, amazing, astonishing
Mark is President of MIRUS Financial Partners.
Having entered the financial services industry in 1995, Mark has built a clientele that consists of individuals, families, non-profits and business owners. His practice focuses on the advantages of asset management and “wrap fee” programs through Cetera Advisor Networks LLC. Knowledge and experience play key roles in helping Mark’s clients more effectively work toward their financial goals.
A longtime resident of Lancaster, PA, Mark is active in the community. (Please see list below)
• 27+ years of experience in the Investment Advisory, Financial Planning, Estate, Charitable Estate & Business Succession Planning
• Guest speaker for the Lancaster County Bar Association
• Member: Financial Planning Association of Central Pennsylvania
• Member: Lancaster County Estate Planning Council
• Nationally Licensed; currently in 19 states
• Director: National Committee on Planned Giving
• Director: Susquehanna Valley Council of Charitable Gift Planners; Immediate Past President
• Director: Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) Foundation, Planned Giving Committee
• Director: Lancaster General Hospital Foundation – Penn Medicine; Planned Giving Committee
• Director, Treasurer, Lancaster City Revitalization & Improvement Zone (CRIZ)
• Director: Pennsylvania Parking Association; President